I was recently brought on as a Recipe Ambassador for an amazing company, MyOatmeal.com.
MyOatmeal.com gives you the ability to build your own blend of oatmeal. First you choose the type of oats you’d like (quick instant oats, gluten-free, steel-cut, etc.), and then you choose a flavor(s) which can be overwhelming at first because there is so much to choose from (cake batter, mint chip, snickerdoodle, graham cracker are to name a few). Then you may choose any add-ins if you’d like (nuts, dried fruit, seeds), protein (whey, pea or rice), and sweetener. I usually opt to leave out any fruit or nuts since I can always add in my own at home, and the cost can add up. The sweetener is the key to having the flavor shine through so it’s definitely essential to adding this (or at least add in your own).
There is also PB Lean available to customize which is a dehydrated peanut butter powder that has 85% less calories from fat. You can mix it with water, yogurt, honey, jams, protein shakes or any other liquid you can think of. They are great to use in baked goods such as muffins, cookies, pancakes, waffles, pies, etc. Similar to the customized oatmeal builder, you can choose your type of peanuts (light or dark roasted), flavor(s), add-ins, and sweetener.
To build your own oatmeal or PB Lean, check out MyOatmeal and use my discount code Runson15 for 15% off your entire purchase!
For my first recipe as an Ambassador for MyOatmeal, I created a Cookies n’Cream Cookie Sandwich. I used my “Cookie Monster” Oatmeal which was quick rolled instant oats, Cookie Dough and Cookies n’Cream Flavored Oats, and sweetened with Brown Cane Sugar.
Cookies & Cream Cookie Sandwich
Cookie Cake Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup “Cookie Monster” MyOatmeal Blend (or substitute regular rolled oats + sweetener of preference)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
Cream Filling Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup So Delicious Brand Unsweetened Plain Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 packet of Splenda, or sweetener of choice
- 1.5 tbsp Nature’s Plus Spiru-Tein Cookie n’Cream flavor
- Preheat oven to 420 F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all your dry ingredients. Then mix your wet ingredients in with your dry until your batter is formed.
- Spray a muffin top tin (or two mini ramekins) with non stick cooking spray. Pour your batter into the tins and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While your cakes are baking, prepare your cream filling. Once your cakes are cooled, carefully plop out of the tins and layer with your cream filling. Sandwich your cakes together so it resembles an “Oreo” sandwich cookie.
Macros for entire recipe:
- Calories: 295 kcal
- Carbs: 54 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Fat: 5g