The one thing I love about Fall is baking.
There are so many special occasions and holidays, and that’s good enough reason to me to bake delicious treats in the kitchen. I’m not one to bake too often because my mom and I are known to eat the products…way too quickly, so until Autumn comes around you won’t be seeing too many baked treats. You will however find many (maybe too many) snacks – pretzels, popcorn, chips, store-bought cookies, etc.
Today was definitely a day to bake, and not because it’s the season – but because it was a cold, gloomy day.
Fall baking sounded very warm and comforting on a day like today.
I worked some magic in the kitchen with my Banoffee MyOatmeal blend, and created some healthy cookies. Not only are these cookies vegan-friendly, but they are also low in sodium, fat and sugar. So if you eat half of the batch in one sitting, at least you won’t feel too guilty about it.
What’s ‘Banoffee’ you may ask?
The term is plain and simple. It is a combination of banana and toffee flavors. Some people may also use banana and coffee, but the most widely used flavors are banana and toffee.
This specific MyOatmeal Banoffee blend is instant rolled oats, banana bread and toffee flavors, banana chips and brown cane sugar.
Shall we get cooking…Or should I say baking?!
PB & Banoffee Cookies
- 1 cup MyOatmeal Banoffee blend (or substitute regular rolled oats + sweetener + toffee extract or syrup)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/4 cup Better n’ Peanut Butter (or sub peanut butter of preference)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, add your oats, banana and peanut butter. Blend everything together by hand until you have a big dough ball. (*Do not mash your banana beforehand*)
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Form your batter into eight individual balls (about 1-1.5 tbsp. each) and place on your cookie sheet spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for at least 13-15 minutes. Let them cool for at least 5 minutes before enjoying.
Macros (per cookie):
- Calories: 78 kcal
- Carbs: 14 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Fat: 1 g