It is the month of October, and to me this is the best time of the year.
The weather is cooling off, but it’s not too cold yet. The air is perfect and crisp, and there’s no humidity at all.
It is basically the most ideal weather for a runner like myself.
Not to mention, all my favorite vegetables and fruit are coming into season and baking is my specialty.
Pumpkin is one of my addictions during this time of the year. Well, it’s actually an addiction all year round but now I’m starting to see it everywhere and I’m loving it. Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Pumpkin Oreos, Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter, Almonds, Chocolates, Gum, Pumpkin Butter, and I can go on and on because anything and everything can be seen in stores with pumpkin spice flavor. I’m not going to lie though, I strongly hate pumpkin pie. I’m just not a fan.
One of my favorite things to do with pumpkin is of course incorporate them into my oatmeal. But has anyone ever tried pumpkin and peanut butter together? The combination may sound odd but it’s delicious, trust me.
If you just started reading my blog, you may not know that I am a Recipe Ambassador for MyOatmeal.com. I create recipes using their oatmeal blends and PB Lean powders which I am privileged to customize myself. You need to check out their website because their oatmeal is absolutely amazing, and you will be head over heels when you see how many flavor combinations they have, not to mention the different type of oats, and add-ins that you can select to put into your blend.
Okay, so I will get back to the recipe because that’s what we’re all here for, right?!
For this recipe, I used my “Give Me Some Sugar” MyOatmeal blend which I customized myself using regular instant rolled oats, sugar cookie flavor, and white cane sugar. The PB Lean Pumpkin Spice was also used in this, which is basically peanut butter powder with pumpkin spice flavor.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookie Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup MyOatmeal “Give Me Some Sugar” Blend (or substitute regular rolled oats + sweetener of preference)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1.5 tbsp. Pumpkin Spice PB Lean (or substitute PB2 powder, or regular peanut butter of preference)
- 1.5-2 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, mix your first 4 ingredients together (oats, water, pumpkin, and cinnamon).
- In a separate small bowl, mix together your PB lean and water until you reach a desirable peanut butter consistency.
- Spray a mini ramekin with non-stick cooking spray. Pour about half of you oat mixture into the ramekin. Then fill with your peanut butter mixture in the center, and cover with the rest of your oats on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes. Broil for an additional 3-5 minutes for an extra crisp top (optional). Let it cool for at least 5 minutes, and top with any additional toppings as desired (peanut butter, nuts, chocolate chips, maple syrup, etc.)
- Calories: 225 kcal
- Carbs: 40 g
- Protein: 8.5 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Fat: 10 g