If I told you right now that I ate a birthday cake for breakfast, would you believe me?
More than likely, you wouldn’t think it would be possible.
Well feast your eyes because I’m about to turn it into reality.
Dessert just became my breakfast.
Don’t be fooled by the frosting and sprinkles though, because this is no ordinary birthday cake.
This cake tastes indulgent but it is indeed healthy. The cake is made with MyOatmeal “Muscle Maker Cake” oatmeal blend which I customized myself using instant rolled oats, cake batter flavor, pea protein and white cane sugar. The frosting was made with So Delicious brand Plain Greek Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt and Cake Batter PB Lean from MyOatmeal.
Everything in this “birthday cake” is indeed good for you, but you would never know it because it tastes like you’re eating dessert for breakfast.
So without further ado…the recipe.
Protein Birthday Cake (for breakfast)
(Serves 1 – you won’t want to share, trust me)
Birthday Cake Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup MyOatmeal Muscle Maker Cake blend (or regular rolled oats + protein powder of preference)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. butter extract (optional)
Birthday Cake Frosting Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup So Delicious Plain Greek Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt (or substitute yogurt of preference)
- 1 tbsp. MyOatmeal Cake Batter PB Lean (or substitute PB2 powder + sweetener of preference)
- Preheat oven to 420 F.
- In a bowl, mix together all your ingredients for your birthday cake. Then transfer your cake batter into a non-stick medium skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for at least 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let your cake cool off for at least 5-8 minutes before frosting. While your cake is cooling, mix together your ingredients for your frosting.
- Frost your cake when it is cooled off, and garnish with additional sprinkles.
Macros (without frosting):
- Calories: 217 kcal
- Carbs: 40 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Fat: 2.7 g
Macros (with frosting):
- Calories: 312 kcal
- Carbs: 55 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Fat: 5.7 g