Sweet cinnamon, sugar and butter all combined together to make a delicious delectable cookie…now that’s my type of dessert. Oh Sure, a gooey chocolate chip cookie is always nice, but something about the aroma of cinnamon spice in the kitchen gets me in the mood for Autumn baking, and Fall festivities.
A snickerdoodle is perfect for your sweet cravings, and who can resist?
I know I can’t. So, why not bake it into oatmeal form? Like I say, there’s always room for dessert at any time of the day.
Snickerdoodle Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup MyOatmeal “Give Me Some Sugar” oats (or substitute regular rolled oats + sweetener of preference)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. butter extract
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water (or milk of preference)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, mix together all your ingredients. Pour your oatmeal into a mini-ramekin coated with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar (or sweetener) on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Broil for an additional 3-5 minutes for an extra crisp top if desired. Cool for at least 5 minutes.
- Top with any additional toppings as desired (nut butter, cinnamon, etc.)
- Calories: 185 kcal
- Carbs: 35.6 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fiber: 5.6 g
- Fat: 3 g