I like chocolate.
I like gingerbread cookies.
So why not combine the two?
It may seem like an odd combination, but it works. Just like pumpkin + chocolate, or zucchini + chocolate. You can make chocolate work with just about anything.
This recipe uses MyOatmeal “Gingerbread Man” oatmeal that I customized on their website using quick rolled instant oats, gingerbread flavor, crystallized ginger and brown cane sugar. To make a blend like this plus more, visit their Build a Blend page and use my discount code; Runson15 at checkout.
Chocolate Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup MyOatmeal “Gingerbread Man” oatmeal (or substitute regular rolled oats + 1/4 tsp. ground ginger or 1 tbsp. gingerbread syrup + sweetener of preference)
- 1/4 cup water (or milk of preference)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, mix together all your ingredients.
- Spray an individual mini ramekin with cooking spray, and pour your oatmeal inside. Garnish with chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes, and top with any additional toppings as desired.
- Calories: 185 kcal
- Carbs: 38.5 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Fat: 3.5 g