If you’ve never tried a peanut butter sandwich with honey and banana then let me tell you…you’re missing out on an amazing thing.
I definitely missed out on this amazing sweet sandwich as a kid. Honey?! Ewww, gross. I was very picky growing up. A plain peanut butter sandwich without the crusts (of course) is what I stuck to…not to mention it had to be made by my neighbor because she made the best.
Now that I’ve grown up, I am open to eating many things. Sure a peanut butter sandwich is always good every now and then…but I like oatmeal way too much for my own good.
So I present to you…a kid’s dream sandwich in oatmeal form.
Banana Baked Oatmeal (with honey and peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup instant rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 packet of stevia (or sweetener of preference)
- 1/3 medium banana, mashed (or 1/2 small)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, mix together all your ingredients.
- Spray a mini ramekin with non-stick cooking spray, and pour your oatmeal inside. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes before plopping out of the ramekin. Top with peanut butter, honey, cinnamon and additional banana slices if desired.
Macros (without toppings):
- Calories: 218 kcal
- Carbs: 36 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Fat: 3 g