I love to get festive with my oatmeal for the holidays, so this breakfast has Halloween written all over it.
To go with the color scheme of Halloween, I made a black and orange oatcake. The “black” layer is chocolate, and the orange layer is pumpkin spice flavor. If that doesn’t scream Halloween, then I don’t know what does.
Black & Orange Halloween Oatcake
(Pumpkin Chocolate Oatcake)
- 2/3 cup instant rolled oats
- 2 packets of stevia (or sweetener of preference)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp jell-o instant pumpkin spice pudding mix
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add your oats, water, chia seeds and sweetener. Stir to combine, and let it cook for at least 5-6 minutes (or until it gets very thick).
- Remove from heat, and separate your oatmeal mixture evenly into two small bowls. In one bowl, add your cocoa powder and a splash of water or milk and mix well. In the other bowl, add your pudding mix, cinnamon and a splash of water or milk and mix well.
- Then pour your oatmeal mixtures into two separate mini ramekins. Cover, and refrigerate overnight to set.
- The next day, carefully plop each oatcake out of the ramekins. Layer and top on each other, and add any additional toppings as desired (nut butter, chocolate, maple syrup, etc.)
- Calories: 300 kcal
- Carbs: 44 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Fiber: 16 g
- Fat: 9.5 g