The holidays are approaching, and we’re all getting into the spirit.
I know that I am.
This new oatmeal recipe gives you a touch of both holiday flavors so you can have the best of both worlds.
Here you have a Pumpkin spice oatcake with craisins added into the mix to give you the flavors of Thanksgiving and Christmas for a winning combination.
Pumpkin Craisin Oatcake
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin puree
- 2 packets of truvia (or sweetener of preference)
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of pumpkin spice
- small handful of craisins
- In a pot, add your oats, water and chia seeds, and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for at least 3-5 minutes or until your oats are very thick.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients, and mix everything well together.
- Pour your oatmeal into at least two individual mini ramekins.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, to let your oatcakes set.
- The next day, carefully plop your oatcakes out of the ramekins and layer on top of each other. Top with any additional ingredients if desired (nut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, fruit, etc.)
- Calories: 300 kcal
- Carbs: 57 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Fat: 7 g