With Thanksgiving here in less than two days, I thought it would be appropriate to share with you a new oatmeal recipe.
This overnight oatmeal recipe is quick and easy to prep the night before, and is of course a healthy (and of course yummy!) way to start your holiday.
Just because you’re going to eat a huge feast, does not mean you should skimp out on breakfast. What most people don’t realize is that breakfast is essential to kick start your metabolism. If you do not eat breakfast, you are only setting yourself up for disaster (over-eating, and snacking on unnecessary treats before dinner).
This breakfast is sure to keep you satisfied until Thanksgiving dinner is ready.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Overnight Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup instant rolled oats
- 1/3 cup water (or milk of preference)
- 1/3 cup So Delicious brand unsweetened plain coconut milk yogurt (or sub your favorite plain or vanilla yogurt of preference)
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 packet of truvia (or sweetener of preference)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp MyOatmeal Pumpkin Spice PB Lean (or sub pb2 or natural peanut butter of preference)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of pumpkin spice (optional)
- chocolate chips (for garnishing)
- In a bowl, mix together all your ingredients (except for chocolate chips).
- Pour into a mason jar or sealed container, and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, top with chocolate chips and any other additional toppings as desired. Enjoy!
Macros (without toppings):
- Calories: 280 kcal
- Carbs: 33.6 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Fiber: 13.7 g
- Fat: 8.7 g
Check out some of my other recipes perfect for Thanksgiving Breakfast:
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookie Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Chocolate Oatcake
- Pumpkin Craisin Oatcake
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oatmeal
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Oatcake
- Sweet Potato Pie Oatmeal Boats
- Sweet Potato Pancakes