When I went Vegan, what a lot of people could not understand is how I could live without cheese or dairy. What, wait…so no pizza or ice cream?! It’s one thing to give up meat, but to give up all animal products is rough. However, there is always an alternative to everything.
Veganism is expanding world-wide, and there are many new items and alternatives available in restaurants, food chains, and super markets.
I do love pizza, but that doesn’t mean I have to give it up. You can opt for a cheese-free pizza and load on the sauce and vegetables at any given pizzeria.
Or you can make your own delicious pizza pie right at your own home.
There are many vegan cheeses available in the market including the most popular brand Daiya. To be honest, I’m not a big fan of the fake imitation cheese, but you can make your own cheese or ricotta from tofu, cashews, etc. This pizza pie is one of my favorites, and it’s so easy to make.
Vegan Broccoli & Cashew Cheese White Pizza
For the crust:
- 1 vegan pizza crust of choice (store bought or homemade)
For the cashew cheese:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight or 4-8 hours prior to and drained
- 1/2 cup warm water + 1/4 cup for thinning
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Broccoli Florets (cooked)
- Preheat oven to 325 F (or follow according to your pizza dough instructions)
- While your oven is pre-heating, drain your cashews and add to a food proccessor. Add the rest of your ingredients and process on high until smooth and creamy. If needed, add more water by the tablespoon until you have reached a desirable consistency.
- Roll out your pizza dough, and place on a pizza stone covered with cooking spray. Spread about half of your cashew cheese over the pizza crust. Then top with your broccoli florets. Drizzle additional cashew cheese on top of your broccoli florets if desired. *Note: You should have extra cashew cheese left-over, so simply transfer to a container and seal with top. Store in the fridge for later use.
- Bake your pizza in the oven for at least 20-25 minutes. Once your pizza is done, let it cool off for 5-7 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!