In the winter season, I crave mostly comfort foods.
Especially on a cold winter’s night, all I want to do is bundle up in my blanket on the couch, and have a big bowl of soup or stew.
But do you know what would go perfect with that big bowl of soup?
Scones can be enjoyed at any time of the day really.
You can have them with your cup of coffee at breakfast, or as a mid-afternoon snack with a mug of hot cocoa. Or why not have it with a big bowl of butternut squash soup for lunch or supper time?
These blueberry oatmeal scones are perfect for just that.
These scones are not only vegan-friendly, but they are also made with my special custom blend from MyOatmeal.com. However, do not fret. You could easily use any old-fashioned oats of your preference, but I’m warning you…the nutritional value and taste of these oats don’t even measure up to any other brand I’ve purchased from stores.
Vegan Blueberry Oatmeal Scones
- 1 cup MyOatmeal “Flax Me Please” oatmeal (or sub oats of preference)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients. In another separate bowl, mix together all your wet ingredients. Add your wet ingredients to your dry, and blend everything together well until you form a big dough ball. Lastly, gently fold in your blueberries.
- Place your dough ball onto your baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using the palms of your hands, gently press down on your dough. Cut your dough into 8 individual scone-shapes (triangles).
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Macros (per scone):
- Calories: 170 kcal
- Carbs: 22 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Fiber: 0.4 g
- Fat: 8 g