I am extremely shocked and also honored to announce that I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by the lovely Laurena over at Life Diet Health. My journey all started on Instagram where I posted many of my recipes, and then I finally decided it was time to start my own blog. It has only been a mere four months since I started this blog, and I have already earned my first blog award nomination. So I’d like to give a huge thank you to Laurena for this great honor!
The Liebster award is a nomination given to bloggers by bloggers. The idea behind this award is to recognize new bloggers and help promote them!
The Liebster Award Rules
- Acknowledge and link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog when they post about the Liebster Award.
- What made you decide to start blogging? Well, I first started sharing most of my recipes and food pictures on instagram where I now have over 2K followers, so it was only about time that I started my own blog to share more of my recipes and ideas. I was also brought on by MyOatmeal.com as a Recipe Ambassador to post recipes using their products, and endorse their company, so a blog was definitely essential.
- What’s your favorite meal? Oatmeal
- Which five fresh items are always in your fridge? Apples, Lettuce, Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Onions.
- If you could only choose one food to eat for a whole week what would it be? Oatmeal (of course).
- What’s your best alternative / free-from / substitute food? I absolutely love the Malibu Vegan Burgers by Gardenburger.
- Juice or smoothie and why? Smoothie – I love smoothies because they are creamy and thick and last longer. Whereas, juices aren’t as filling to me and I drink them a lot quicker since they aren’t as thick or cold as a smoothie.
- How does the food you cook change with the weather? I tend to lean towards more comfort foods in the winter – soups, stews, chili’s, etc. In the spring and summer time, I like to make more fresh salads, and cold pasta salads.
- Is there a food which makes you ill? I absolutely hate olives, but they do not make me sick. I just hate the taste of them. There aren’t too many foods that make me ill, but if I eat too many nuts then I get stomach cramps.
- Other than your phone, keys and purse, what else is in your bag? Chewing gum, EOS Lip balm, and hand moisturizer.
- What’s your ideal holiday destination? Someplace warm such as Florida or Hawaii.
- What’s your number one tip for new bloggers? You need to set a theme for your blog. You need to know what it is you want to focus on (fashion & beauty, health & wellness, fitness, vegetarian cooking, etc.) Then just go from there…reach out to the right people and your blog will grow. Oh, and also you have to enjoy what you do and have fun!
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I have run 1 marathon (NYC) and 6 half marathons.
- I had become a pescetarian over two years ago (August/2012), and then decided to switch to a vegan diet last March/2014 for Lent. I decided that I really enjoyed the lifestyle and continued to practice it (with one “cheat day”) up until last December/2014 when I decided to go back to just a Vegetarian diet. Now I incorporate some dairy into my diet (yogurt, cheese, etc.) but mostly follow a vegan diet.
- I don’t practice a vegetarian diet because of animal cruelty. I love animals, but it is not the reason why I live this lifestyle. The reason why I am a vegetarian is because I love to eat this way. I love fresh vegetables and fruits, legumes & beans, vegan-protein (tofu, tempeh, seitan), etc. I was never a huge fan of beef, and chicken is something I loved in particular, so I decided why not live a vegetarian lifestyle? I can’t live without cheese or ice cream…that is something I learned while practicing being a Vegan. It was manageable but it was tough because you have to read into all the labels. I’d rather not care if their is any milk or egg products in a piece of bread when I go out to dinner with family or friends.
- I’m aspiring to be a Registered Dietitian. I am currently applying to dietetic internships, and am waiting to hear back in April if I got into one.
- I have two piercings – my ear lobes, and my nose.
- My beverage of choice at Starbucks is either a Skinny Soy Vanilla Latte or Skinny Soy Peppermint Mocha.
- I’m addicted to Dance Moms, guilty as charged.
- I have a girl Tonkinese cat named Tawny, who is my pride and joy.
- I love to cook and bake, and create new recipes. I also love to modify not-so-healthy recipes and make them healthy, or “veganize” them.
- I hope to live in Florida one day close to the beach.
- The color of my eyes are green.
My nominees (in no particular order):
- Food Over Fitness
- Sprinkles of Sunshine
- Miss Sweetie Potato
- Just Swimmingly
- The Sunflower Runner
- Shoeless Runner
- Feeling Vegan
- Mad Avocado
- Mighty Good Eats
My 11 Questions for you:
- What is your favorite spice to cook with?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what one thing would you take?
- Do you prefer sweet or salty?
- What is your go-to breakfast?
- Do you have any food allergies? If so, what is it? If not, name one food you absolutely can not stand.
- Were you inspired by anyone in your cooking?
- What is your one guilty indulgence that you treat yourself to?
- What is your favorite Starbucks beverage? If you don’t like coffee or tea, what is your favorite beverage?
- Currently reading? If not, what is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite day of the week, and why?
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?