My favorite meal as you already know is oatmeal. I eat it practically almost every day for breakfast. There are so many ways to cook and bake with it. For example, you can just cook it on the stove-top and eat it like regular oatmeal, or you could bake it, or chill overnight for a quick and easy breakfast to-go.
But have you ever tried pan frying your oatmeal?
Well if you haven’t yet, then now it’s time to try it.
This is no ordinary oatmeal.
This is Pan Fried Oatmeal.
You cook the oatmeal like you would as scrambled eggs, but it’s so much better (because it involves oatmeal, of course).
Bananas Foster Pan Fried Oatmeaal
- 1/3 cup regular instant oatmeal
- 1/3 cup MyOatmeal “Badass Bananas Foster” oatmeal (regular instant oats + banana foster + rum flavor + dried dates + brown cane sugar) – or you could simply use regular instant oats and add in rum extract.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg white
- pinch of salt
- Mix together all your ingredients for your oatmeal in a bowl.
- Coat a skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and raise the heat to medium-high.
- Once your skillet is heated up, pour your oatmeal into the skillet, and cook over medium high-heat for at least 2-3 minutes (make sure to use a spatula and break up the oatmeal like you would with eggs, so it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Once your oatmeal is “fried” and scrambled like you would with eggs, transfer to a plate or bowl. Top with any additional toppings as desired (nut butter, cinnamon, maple syrup, raisins, etc.)
- Calories: 275 kcal
- Carbs: 51 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Fat: 4 g