Protein Cheesecake is a new phenom that I see all over instagram.
I’m not on a strict vegan diet anymore (although I still love a lot of vegan foods), so I’m starting to incorporate a little bit of dairy back into my life including protein powders, yogurt, cheese, eggs, etc.
The “ProCheescake” that you see all over Instagram is just too tempting to not try.
However, what does one do when you don’t have those exact ingredients in the house?! You improvise!
Here is my take on the protein cheesecake.
- 1.5 scoops vanilla protein powder (i.e. designer whey)
- 1/4 package sugar-free cheesecake instant pudding mix
- 2 tbsp baking splenda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup non-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a bowl mix together all your dry ingredients. Then add your wet ingredients in with your dry, and mix everything together well until it is smooth and has no lumps.
- Pour your mixture into a round pie dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Reduce your oven heat to 200 F. Turn your pie around, and continue to bake for an additional hour.
- Once your cheesecake is done baking, take out of the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes. Then wrap up, and place in the fridge to cool for at least 4 hours before slicing.
- Once your pie is cool enough, cut your pie into six individual slices.
- Top with any additional toppings as desired; MyOatmeal Pumpkin Spice PB Lean, cool whip, cinnamon, graham crackers, etc.
Macros (for 1/6 of the whole pie):
- Calories: 84 kcal
- Carbs: 7.5 g
- Protein: 12.5 g
- Fat: >1 g
Don’t feel bad if you go back for seconds!