Today, I present to you a different way to enjoy pizza.
This is a breakfast pizza but instead of using flour, this crust is made out of….
(you guessed it)…OATMEAL!
A lot of my recipes use MyOatmeal customized oats. You get to choose the type of oats (instant regular oats, steel-cut, gluten-free, etc.), then you choose from a wide variety of flavors (Apple Pie, Cheesecake, Graham Cracker Crust, Old Fashioned Glazed Doughnut, Red Velvet Cake, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, etc.). You can also add in dried fruits, nuts, seeds, and protein (including Greek yogurt, Whey, Casein, Rice and Pea). Finally you have to sweeten the deal (vital for the flavor to come together) with options including raw cane, white cane & brown cane sugar, coconut, honey, monk fruit and sucralose. The best part…you get to name it whatever you want and the macros are included on the package.
To create a custom oatmeal blend, head over to their website MyOatmeal.com, and build your blend. You can use my 15% discount code “Runson15” at checkout.
Now back to this oat-pizzert.
Apple Berry Cobbler Oat Pizzert
- 2/3 cup Apple Berry Cobbler MyOatmeal blend (Instant Rolled Oats with Apple Pie + Graham Cracker Crust flavors, brown cane sugar, and mixed berries)
- 1 + 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
*Notes: You may use just any type of regular instant oats or packaged flavored oatmeal, but like I said before…MyOatmeal Customized Oats are the best.
- On the stove-top, add your oats, water and chia seeds and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and continue to cook your oats for an additional 3-5 minutes or until your oats are thick and creamy.
- Then mix in your sweetener, cinnamon, and any additional add-ins that you desire for your flavor of Pizzert. Pour your oatmeal into a medium skillet or pie pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place your pie into a preheated oven at 375 F, and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once your Pizzert is done, let it cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Top with any additional toppings as desired (greek yogurt, nut butter, fruit, etc.)
*Notes: The Oat Pizzert tastes fabulous if you make it the night ahead, and refrigerate overnight and eat cold the next day!
Macros (for the whole entire oat-pizzert):
- Calories: 255 kcal
- Carbs: 46 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Fat: 5.5 g