I have a little treat for you.
This time it’s party oats.
Cake in my oatmeal?! Now, that’s absurd.
Nuhh, uhh! Not if it’s good for ya’.
Overnight oatmeal is super simple and quick to prep the night ahead, especially when you’re on the go to work/school. It’s very easy for most of us to just grab a bagel, muffin, granola bar, etc. Which is okay every now and then (moderation!). But why spoil those calories when you can have both of both worlds – cake and oatmeal. Not to mention,this oatmeal is high in protein and low in fat.
For this specific oatmeal, I used my “Whey Me Some Cake” custom oatmeal from MyOatmeal.com. This blend contains instant rolled oats, white cake and vanilla frosting flavors, whey protein and white cane sugar. You can customize your own oatmeal or PB Lean at MyOatmeal,com, and use my 15% discount code “Runson15” at checkout.
Wedding Cake [Overnight] Party Proats
Ingredients [for the overnight oats]:
- 1/3 cup Whey Me Some Cake MyOatmeal blend
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt (or sub your favorite plain/vanilla yogurt of preference)
- Mix all your ingredients together, and store in a sealed container in the fridge overnight.
Ingredients [for the white cake topping]:
- 1 scoop (or half scoop…about 50-60 calories) Vanilla Protein Powder (Whey, Casein, Pea, Rice, Soy, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 packet of sweetener (stevia, splenda, truvia, etc.)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- The following day (or you could make this the night ahead), combine all the ingredients for your white cake.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Cut your cake into cubes, and mix in your overnight oats.
Macros (with cake topping):
- Calories: 212 kcal
- Carbs: 23 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Fat: 2 g