Rainy days call for hot chocolate with marshmallows and extra whip.
…Now, let’s incorporate that into oatmeal.
A big bowl of warm gooey hot chocolate oatmeal in the morning….nothing could be better, right?
Hot Chocolate Oatmeal
- 2/3 cup instant rolled oats
- 1 packet Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate
- 1 packet Splenda (or sweetener of preference)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup water [divided]
- The night ahead, prepare your hot chocolate mixture. Pour cocoa mix into a glass with cinnamon, sweetener and salt. Add 1/4 cup of hot water, and stir thoroughly. Once cocoa mix has dissolved, add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir. Place mixture in the fridge to chill. (Make sure it is cold, or oatmeal may bubble over when cooking!)
- The next morning, combine your oatmeal with 1 cup of water over medium-high heat on the stove-top. Once it starts to bubble, reduce heat and mix in your chilled hot chocolate. Continue to cook until your oatmeal is a nice creamy, gooey consistency (or however you like your oatmeal).
- Top with marshmallows, whipped cream, and any other additional toppings as desired (peanut butter, chocolate chips, etc.)
Macros (without toppings):
- Calories: 230 kcal
- Carbs: 41 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Fat: 3.5 g