Monthly subscriptions boxes seem to be all the rage now-a-day’s.
You can find anything from beauty & make-up to food & snacks subscription boxes.
Have a certain dietary restriction? No problem! There is a box out there for you, guaranteed.
When I learned about Send Me Gluten Free‘s monthly subscription box, I was very excited.
By no means do I follow a gluten-free diet, but I have not tried too many gluten-free products and so I figured why not take this great opportunity to review this box for you.
What exactly is Send Me Gluten Free?
It is a monthly subscription service that introduces you to new gluten free products. You’ll get 8-12 full-size and sample size food, personal care items, supplements and household products that support your gluten free lifestyle.
Even though this business is new, Send Me Gluten Free has been helping the gluten-free community for quite some time. They were the hosts of the Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly Expos since 2007, helping thousands of people discover new gluten free products and learn how to make their lifestyle easier. In 2010, they launched the mobile app Find Me Gluten Free which quickly became the #1 gluten free restaurant finder app.
The cost to receive a Send Me Gluten Free Box ranges from $15-20 with a flat rate shipping of $5 per month (currently only available to the contiguous United States of America). Every month, the box contains 8-12 new & different items – introducing you to a wide range of products.
If you’re interested in trying out the service, Use Coupon Code: BLOG20 or WELCOME20 to SAVE 20% off your subscription!
What did I like about the box?
- The variety of items. I like that they give you sample and full sized items. I was happy to see that it wasn’t just samples of cookies and crackers, but also full sizes of Chocolate Cake Mix by Zenero and Pizza Crust mix by Sevierly Good.
- The coupons and dicounts. Send Me Gluten Free also sends you a small envelope of coupons and discounts of the products you receive. If you end up enjoying them, they are great to have so you can purchase more!
- New brands and recipe inspiration. It was nice to learn about new companies that I never heard of before, or would have never purchased if never tried. You get so used to buying the same brands because it is what you are used to, and know that you like. It was a great opportunity to be able to try these different products, and also inspired me to create new recipes in the kitchen.
- Delivered to your door step. I always love receiving packages. It is always a surprise to see what you get!
Brownie Sundae using Zenero’s Chocolate Cake Mix
Vegetarian Pizza using Sevierly Good’s Pizza Crust Mix
What I’d like to see different in my Send Me Gluten Free Box?
- More information about products. It would have been nice to receive a small hand-out or card about each company’s products, as well as where I can purchase them
- More health and beauty items. Even though the box had a variety of food samples, it was lacking in items including personal care items and household items. I did receive a Child’s Sinus Support sample which unfortunately was no use for me since I have no children, nor am I child myself.
Important to Note:
All of the Send Me Gluten Free subscription options have a $5 flat-out shipping rate within the Continental US only. Unfortunately, they do not currently offer shipping to Alaska or Hawaii.
- I reviewed the July 2015 box…this is just an example of what you will receive. Each box will will come with a new variety of Gluten Free items to try every month.
Send Me Gluten Free would also make an excellent gift for someone who has been recently diagnosed with Celiac or a Gluten Allergy. This box offers so many ideas and hope for eating ‘normal’ again!
If you decide to try out the service, I encourage you to use Coupon Code: BLOG20 or WELCOME20 to SAVE 20% off your subscription!