I just realized a few days ago that it’s been way too long since I posted an oatmeal recipe.
3 months to be exact.
And that is not okay, at all. My name is “Runs on Oats” after all.
Life has gotten busy, and I have not had much time to post as much as I’d like to. I have been working, running, and preparing for my dietetic internship which starts at the end of next month.
But I will make up for it, I promise. This recipe will make up for it…
So I ask you, what’s better than peanut butter & apples?
Caramel & Apples, of course.
Salted Caramel Apple Overnight Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned (or quick instant) oats
- 1 cup water (or milk of preference)
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- 1-2 packets of 0-cal sweetener (i.e. stevia, truvia, splenda, etc.)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 small apple, chopped
- 1 tsp raisins (optional)
- caramel sauce (for topping)
- pinch of sea salt (for topping)
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add your first three ingredients. Stir, and microwave on high for 1 min 30 sec. Then stir again, and continue to cook for another 30 seconds.
- Then add in the rest of your ingredients (except your toppings). Add another splash of water or milk to thin out if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, top with your caramel sauce, more chopped apple, and sea salt. Enjoy!
Macros (excluding toppings):
- Calories: 270 kcal
- Carbs: 40 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Fat: 3 g