During my college days, one of my roommates would routinely make these no bake cookies. Since then, I was hooked. Peanut butter + oatmeal are a match made in heaven. And although these cookies are made with oats, there is still butter which is not so good for our hearts. This is where my passion for taking an old unhealthy favorite food of mine, and experimenting in the kitchen to transform it into something that is not only healthier but also still as delicious.
I think I hit the jackpot with this recipe.
No Bake Cookies
- 4 tbsp BetterBody Foods PBfit + 4 tablespoons water (could also substitute for PB2 or regular peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-2 packets sweetener, to taste (i.e. stevia, splenda, truvia)
- 1 scoop chocolate peanut butter cup PEScience Select Protein (could also substitute for your favorite vanilla, chocolate or peanut butter flavored protein powder)
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- Additional add-ins; chocolate chips, m&m’s, reeses, nuts, etc.
- In a medium pot over low heat, add your peanut butter, milk, syrup, vanilla, applesauce and sweetener and stir.
- Once melted, mix in your protein powder until dissolved.
- Remove from heat, and stir in your oats.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon your oatmeal mixture into 12 individual cookies. Top with any additional add-ins as you please.
- Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before enjoying. Store any leftovers in the fridge.
Macros (per cookie/using PB Fit, and no add-ins)
- Calories: 62 kcal
- Carbs: 8.9 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Sugars: 1.0 g